The Health Benefits of Cycling
Cycling is also known as biking or bicycling, it the use of the bicycle for recreation, exercise or sports. People who engaged in cycling are called the cyclists, bikers less commonly called the bicyclists. Cycling is regarded as a very effective and efficient means of transportation.
Cycling provides numerous benefits which help our body to maintain stability and to make our body function well and also aids in our metabolism. Cycling, the easiest and most efficient means of transport, is also the simplest measure to prevent a large number of old age diseases. Health experts claim that people who ride a bike regularly actually slow down their aging process when compared to those who lead a more sedentary lifestyle. In addition, the effects of aging are 50% lower if you cycle at least three times per week.
So, what exactly are the health benefits of cycling?
- Protect the heart; this particular physical activity leads to better oxygenation of all organs and muscles. In addition, the heart pumps more blood and oxygen into all the tissues and that is why cycling is always included in the category of medical recovery exercises.
- It decreases the risk of asthma; Physical exertion also improves respiratory capacity. Doctors say that cycling is a means to prevent respiratory diseases, such as asthma or bronchitis.
- Prevent the appearance of varicose veins; Cycling involves pedaling (obviously), and that movement improves blood flow. Therefore, people who cycle regularly have a low risk of developing edema (swelling) and varicose veins.
- Reduces the risk of developing osteoporosis; Cycling is also recommended as a training method for tendons, ligaments and joints. Therefore, osteoporosis, tendinitis or the appearance of coxarthrosis (a form of rheumatism located in the hips) fall into the wide range of diseases prevented by cycling.
- Increased efficiency; A study of 200 different people at the University of Bristol showed that employees who had exercised before going to work or lunch improved their ability to organize their time and tasks, so they became more efficient.
- Improve the intellect; Due to better oxygenation of the brain, the intellect is improved. This is due to the production of endorphins, substances that the brain releases during physical activity, known as "happiness hormones"
There are many other benefits, but these are a few of the benefits of cycling. Cycling is most comfortable and enjoyed best with proper cycling attire such as jerseys and shorts to allow for maximum comfort and breathability for your long or short rides. At Outdoor Good Store, we provide all the gear you need for your cycling needs whether you are a recreational or professional cyclist. We have everything from customized cycling jerseys to pro retro cycling jerseys worn by famous cyclist throughout the years from many races including the famous Tour de France.
Visit Outdoor Good Store, spend a few minutes browsing our huge collection of cycling gear.